Inclusive Curriculum Design
Many resources exist for ensuring that the curriculum design is inclusive, and that teaching and learning is accessible to all.
Peters Model for Inclusive Engineering Education
Developed by Katalytik CEO Jan Peters, the Peters Model for inclusive engineering education has been developed through six years working with UCL Engineering.
Letter and Symbol Recognition for Dyslexia
This paper identifies easily misrecognised letters and symbols in highly legible typefaces for general, children, dyslexic, visually impaired and ageing readers. It can also be considered as a review of related research in this area. The 2016 second edition of this paper is an attempt to correct errors which appeared in previous editions of this paper and to add new information, it was published on the 4 October 2016. This 2018 third edition was published in February 2018 with minor additions.
See the links below for further information on dyslexia.
Inclusive Teaching and Learning in Higher Education as a Route to Excellence - Government Report, January 2017
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are part of a series of web accessibility guidelines published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), the main international standards organization for the Internet. They are a set of recommendations for making Web content more accessible, primarily for people with disabilities...Read more
- Action for Blind
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Advance HE
- The Codpast - fresh content for people with dyslexia
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Disability - Directgov
- The Disability Discrimination Act
- Dyslexia Action
- The British Dyslexia Association
- The Dyslexia/SpLD Trust
- The Equality Act 2010
- Dyspraxia Foundation
- National Centre for Eating Disorders
- National Association for Special Educational Needs
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- Mental Health Foundation
- National Association of Disability Practitioners (NADP)
- Teachability (Accessible Curriculum Resource For Students With Disabilities)
- The National Autistic Society
- Royal National Institute of Blind People